If you have trouble maintaining a gym routine, you're not alone. Many people would like to go to the gym more often, but they can't because they simply don't have the time in their schedules. Because of this, it might be a good idea to look into the best home gym that you can buy.
A home gym can be a great investment. If you get a home gym that contains all the equipment you need, you don't even need a gym membership. You can work out at home and not have to pay that pesky monthly fee.
If you get the right home gym, you'll probably see it as one of the best decisions you've ever made. This is why you should make sure to make the right one. You should do all the legwork that you need to do to make sure that you get the best home gym for your set of needs.
What's a Home Gym?
You might wonder what exactly a home gym is. Basically, it's an area in your home with gym equipment. Most people set up these areas in their basements, garages, or other spare rooms.
You can set up a home gym with customized sets of equipment. The standard pieces that you'll want to get include proper flooring, kettlebells, a bench, a rack, and a set of barbells and plates.
However, the option we'll be exploring involves buying an entire all-in-one system of equipment that gives you everything you need in a gym with one apparatus.
Why Get a Home Gym?
There are many reasons why you should consider a home gym. As we already mentioned, you don't need to pay for a gym membership when everything you need is at home. Also, you don't have to deal with sharing weights or waiting for a machine to be free.
Since you're doing this in the comfort of your home, you can wear what you want without fear of being judged. Also, you don't have to worry about the noises that you make while straining yourself.
Another great advantage is that you can work out absolutely any time you want, since it's in your home. You don't have to worry about what time the gym will close, since it's always open. You also don't have to waste any time traveling back and forth between home and the gym.
How We Came Up with the Following List
There are many different home gyms out there that could all be considered to be the best home gym by someone. However, there are many differences between them. We perused multiple websites that reviewed the best home gyms, and we picked the home gyms that consistently appeared across lists.
We made sure to include candidates for best home gym that have a variety of features. Everyone has a different set of fitness needs, meaning that everyone is going to have a different idea of what the best home gym is. We wanted to create a list with options that would appeal to everyone.
The 8 Best Home Gym Options Out There
If you have an interest in finding the best home gym for you, there are many options from which you can choose. The following are eight of the best home gyms that you could find.
- 25 plus exercises that cover the entire body
- Over 200 pounds of Power Rod resistance
- Bench converts to a rolling seat for aerobic rowing
- Built in media rack; 4 Position Lower Pulley or Squat Station
- Multiple cable pulley positions allow you to easily change the angle of resistance and increase effectiveness of many exercises
When Bowflex released their first home gym, people thought that it was a fleeting trend. However, they were wrong. They've modified their original model to create one of the best options available at this time.
This home gym comes with many advantages. It is known for its power rods, which offer more than 200 pounds of resistance. The Bowflex PR1000 also contains a lower pulley and squat system, as well as a bench that converts to a rolling seat for anyone who wants to do rowing exercises.
You can change the cable pulley positions as well, meaning you can alter the angles of resistance and move your muscles in a variety of ways.
However, there are also disadvantages. It does not include a squat bar. Also, it's not the best machine for those who are looking for very high amounts of resistance for muscle-building.
This candidate for the title of Best Home Gym is available on multiple retail websites, including Amazon.
- CONVENIENT HOME GYM - Build up some serious muscle at home with the Marcy Stack Gym. This complete system has a total weight resistance of 200 lbs., great for strengthening different muscle groups and comprehensive full-body workouts.
- TOTAL USER SAFTEY - This stack gym equipment is built with high-density boxed vinyl upholstery with high-density foam to offer premium comfort during workouts. It has a solid steel protective stack cover and a weight stack lock for total user safety.
- PREMIUM QUALITY EQUIPMENT - The Marcy Stack Gym is constructed with a heavy-duty 2 x 2.5" (14 gauge) steel tube frame. With a durable powder-coated finish in black and vinyl-coated weights, this equipment promises quality and durability.
- MULTI-FUNCTION ARM PRESS - Work on those pectoral muscles with the press arms that have dual functionality. For a maximized upper body workout, switch from chest pressed to vertical butterfly exercises. The Marcy Stack Gym is ideal for any level users!
- VARIETY OF EXERCISES - This equipment includes a removable and adjustable arm curl to suit different body types, a dual-function leg developer that allows for total lower body exercises, and dual-function press arms for rowing exercises.
This home gym comes with quite a few advantages; it's very safe and comfortable for anyone who wants to work out at home. It incorporates high-density boxed vinyl upholstery with high-density foam, which will make you comfortable while you're sitting and working out. It's also durable and uses high-quality materials.
The system includes an adjustable arm curl, press arms for rowing exercises, and leg developer. All of these work for a range of different body types.
The multi-function arm press gives you the option to work your upper body any way you want. You can do chest presses, vertical butterfly exercises, and really work your pectoral muscles. The weight resistance of 200 pounds can help you strengthen a wide variety of muscle groups.
There are some disadvantages, however. The handles on the arm press are reported by some customers to be too long and press into people's chests when they're working out. There are no numbers indicating weight on the weights. This system may be best for people with smaller body types.
- 60 plus exercises for a fully body workout
- 210 pounds of Power Rod resistance, upgradable to 310 pounds or 410 pounds
- Bowflex provides 7 free trainer built workout regimens
- Sliding seat rail allows you to perform aerobic rowing and leg presses
- Multiple cable or pulley positions enable custom workouts
You'll see that this home gym comes with a few great advantages. Its compact size is one, as you can fold it when you're not using it into a shape that's 52 inches long and 38 inches wide. However, this doesn't stop you from being able to do 60 different exercises using this equipment.
This home gym includes a lower pulley and squat station for your leg muscles, a lateral bar for your back and shoulders, and the well-known Bowflex Power Rod technology. In this case, you can benefit from 210 pounds of resistance.
However, disadvantages have also been reported for the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym. People have reported that the equipment only allows for a limited range of squats and other leg exercises, and some of the parts are somewhat flimsy.
You can find the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym on retail websites such as Amazon.
- Please Note: Weider is the only manufacturer and Amazon is the only authorized seller for this product on this marketplace. We do not guarantee quality, authenticity, or size if purchased from other sellers.
- Maximum Weight Capacity:250 lbs
- Cushion Material:Foam
The Weider Ultimate Body Works home gym comes with many advantages. It's fairly simple, but it offers more than it appears to. You can use it to do 50 different exercises that target muscles all over your body.
This home gym also comes with a manual that tells you how to properly perform the exercises. It's very versatile and uses your body weight as resistance.
The major disadvantage is that the amount of muscle-building you can do is fairly limited because it uses your body weight as resistance. It can add 50 pounds with the cable pulley system and four power bands, but your lift is limited to this. This may not be the best option for powerlifters or those focusing specifically on muscle-building.
- Offers over 50 gym quality exercises to workout your entire body
- Provides as little as 5 or as many as 210 pounds; of Power Rod resistance
- Multi use hand grip or ankle cuffs designed to add flexibility and performance to any workout using the Quick Change Power Rod system
- Upgradable resistance to 310 pounds
- Heavy duty steel construction frame offering long term durability
This is considered to be a great compact model. The main reason is that you can use it while you're standing and take advantage of all of the workouts that are most effective in a standing position. This is because the bench isn't part of the frame, meaning you can remove it and work out standing up.
It has a variety of rods. You can choose your resistance; it can be anywhere between 5 and 210 pounds. You can even upgrade the maximum resistance to 310 pounds.
There are 50 different exercises you can do with this system. It's also very durable, due to the heavy-duty steel construction frame.
However, there are negative aspects as well. There is no squat bar or aerobic rowing equipment with the Bowflex PR3000.
This excellent home gym is available online from multiple retailers, including Amazon.
This system from Marcy has quite a few advantages. You can work all of your major muscle groups. The system includes a low pulley with a footrest, pec deck station, free weight squat rack, high cable crossovers, and much more.
It also comes with a separate weight bench that has multiple functions and can also provide a preacher curl, preacher pad, and leg developer. With this system, you also get multiple attachments, including a triceps rope, chrome row handle, lateral bar, and more.
As with any home gym, there are also disadvantages. The pulley system doesn't provide as much tension as it could to be maximally effective. Also, some exercises don't provide you with the option to use your full range of motion, particularly if you are a larger person.
- Compact home gym offers chest press, dual-function pecdeck, leg extension, leg curl, lat pull and more.
- Low pulley station is easy to access and provides plenty of room for exercises such as leg kicks and more.
- 150 lb. Weight stack included. Weight Stack Shrouds and Leg Press sold separately.
- Maximum comfort provides up to 300 pounds of resistance, foot plate adjusts to fit any size user.
The BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym has many positive aspects. It's durable and meant to last as long as you need it. It's very compact, yet it has a wide range of settings that can accommodate people of all sizes.
People can use this system to do a wide variety of exercises. These include leg curls, lateral pulls, chest presses, and many more. There is a 150-pound weight stack, and you can experience up to 300 pounds of resistance.
However, this system is not without disadvantages. It works better for small people, providing a fairly limited range of motion. It also likely wouldn't be the best choice for a bodybuilder or powerlifter, who would likely want more than a maximum 300-pound resistance.
- This gym home station is ideal for doing easy weight lifting at home
- Simply inserting the weight pin into your desired weight and lift
- Easy for doing pull ups, pullovers, pull-down, by using lateral bars
- Providing leg workouts as well by pulling with foot wrap for leg workout developer
- Features bicep pad which is adjustable
As with the others, this home gym has its advantages. It's great for people who want to lift weights. All you need to do is stick the weight pin into the block of desired weight, and start lifting.
It also allows a variety of other exercises, including lateral bar exercises and leg workouts. There is also an adjustable bicep pad.
However, customers have reported that the system doesn't allow for many adjustments to be made. This can make it difficult for people of larger sizes.
Ready for Your Workout?
If you want to know which of these options are the best home gym for you, we're sorry to say we can't make that decision. It's entirely up to you. You just need to consider your own fitness needs, and which of these options would best serve them.
The best home gym for you can be a great investment. It can not only save you a ton of money in monthly gym fees, but also motivate you to exercise more often. This could end up being the best thing you ever do for your health.
Any of these home gyms would likely provide you with many benefits, but you should choose the one that would be best for you. Think about your fitness goals, and which of these systems would be the best at helping you achieve them. Once you make a decision, you'll have taken your first step on the journey to health and fitness!
What do you think of everything you've just learned about these sets of fitness equipment that could be considered the best home gym? Let us know by leaving a comment!