Are you looking around for one of the best adjustable dumbbells on the market? Yes? Great! We have a lot to talk about.
Adjustable dumbells not only take up little space, but you can use them to customize your workout. Imagine: You're doing biceps curls with 20s and when you switch over to do tris, it take seconds to knock your dumbells down to 10s.
Say goodbye to putting two freeweights in one hand to get what you need or only finding one weight when you need two. And those aren't the only benefits to having dumbells that adjust to your needs.
Benefits of Adjustable Dumbbells
Image via Pexels
Let’s have a look at other some of the benefits of adjustable dumbbells.
Feel excited, not bored
Adjustable dumbbells allow you to incorporate a variety of exercises into your workout. That's great!
They strengthen not only your arms but also your complete body. What’s more, you can perform all kinds of exercises for the same muscle group with adjustable dumbbells.
For instance, you can perform lying triceps extensions, bent-over triceps extensions, or kickbacks to work your triceps.
The huge variety of exercises available with this fitness equipment means you will never feel bored exercising.
Say no to the gym
Yes, you heard it right! Adjustable dumbbells are convenient in more ways than you can imagine. You can use them on your patio, at your office, or in your living room. You can even use adjustable dumbbells while on vacation.
What’s more, you can move from one exercise to another in a matter of seconds.
Adjustable dumbbells provide you with a complete body workout; therefore, there is no reason to join an expensive gym.
Clutter be gone
Adjustable dumbbells demand little space.
You can easily store adjustable dumbbells in the corner of your apartment or home when you are not using them. This is especially useful if you live in a small home or with a large family (or both).
What more could one ask for?
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Adjustable Dumbbells
There are many factors you need to consider when purchasing the best adjustable dumbbells.
Choose adjustable dumbbells that are built from high-quality materials.
For your information, adjustable dumbbells are built from rubber, plastic, chrome-plated steel, cast iron, and other materials.
Here are a few things we would like you to know.
While cast iron is the most durable material, it is vulnerable to corrosion, which can make weight plates challenging to switch out after some time.
And rubber coated or plastic coated weight plates are quieter than metal dumbbells.
Choose dumbbells that have safety features such as secure-lock collars and lockable dials.
Get a grip
Conventional adjustable dumbbells come with straight grips. However, other grip types are also available like textured grips, coated grips, contoured grips, and ergonomic grips.
These grips help prevent hand fatigue and help you hold the equipment firmly.
Flexibility is crucial
The adjustable dumbbells you choose should be capable of making large as well as small weight adjustments.
They should be able to manage large weight increments when you need to move from light weights to heavier weights.
How We Reviewed the Best Adjustable Dumbbells
We took our time to find out some of the best adjustable dumbbells available in the market and see how they compare to each other. We analyzed the features, reviews, ratings, and pros and cons of different brands.
Best Adjustable Dumbbells: Our Top 9 Picks
We scoured through various dumbbells to give you the best adjustable dumbbells. We found nine.
- Includes 1-Year JRNY Membership ($149 value; auto renews when trial ends unless cancelled 48 hours prior to trial end date)
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Say goodbye to 15 sets of dumbbells cluttering your workout space and rapidly switch from one exercise to the next with a turn of a dial
- Durable molding around the metal plates provides for a smooth lift-off and quieter workouts
- With a wider weight range you can do heavy exercises such as shrugs and lunges, as well as lighter exercises such as curls and raises.
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells have a striking and sleek design. They can transform your exercise room into a more productive place.
The Bowflex adjustable dumbbells have a unique dial system that allows the combination of 15 sets of weights into a single set. Plus, you can quickly shift from one exercise to the other.
What’s more, you can use these dumbbells to adjust to many weight ranges. They can seamlessly go from 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds. And you can easily adjust the weight in increments of 2.5 pounds (up to 25 pounds).
With this pair of adjustable dumbbells, you can easily exercise your shoulders, arms, legs, abs, chest, and back. The equipment comes with a warranty of two years.
One buyer loved this set of adjustable dumbbell for how easy they are to use while another was not happy with how (relatively) fragile they are. Overall, customers were pleased with this product and highly recommended it.
Pros and cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Bowflex SelectTech 552.
- Pair of adjustable dumbbell weights for efficient, cost-effective strength training
- Adjusts from 3 to 24 pounds in 3-pound increments (3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24 pounds)
- Selector pin lets you change weights easily, just like with weight stack at the gym
- More compact and balanced than traditional dumbbells; padded handle for wrist protection. Welded solid steel construction. Powder-coated finish
- Offers maximum weight of 24 pounds per hand; limited 10-year warranty
You can adjust these dumbbells from 3 pounds to 24 pounds in increments of 3 pounds. These dumbbells are an effective and versatile exercise tool designed for strength training.
What's more, the Power Block GF-SPDBLK24 Adjustable Dumbbells are easy to use and are cost-effective and space-efficient. The space-saving design removes the need for various dumbbells.
These adjustable dumbbells have a selector pin that enables you to change weights in a snap. What’s more, the weights are more balanced and compact than conventional dumbbells.
The paddled handle protects your wrist. With these dumbbells, you can get rid of stubborn body fat, tone your physique, or build muscle mass. Finally, these adjustable dumbbells come with a warranty of 10 years.
One customer said that these adjustable dumbbells are ideal for at-home use, and they regularly use them when working out with their exercise videos.
Other reviewers found the exercise equipment to be easy to use and durable.
Pros and cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Power Block GF-SPDBLK24 Adjustable Dumbbells.
- SINGLE DUMBBELL 52.5 LBS TOTAL: ONE 16”x1.15” handle, EIGHT 5-pound plates, TWO 2.5-pound plates, TWO 1.25-pound plates, TWO collars
- CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES FIT 1.15-INCH STANDARD BAR: Accommodate all standard 1.15-inch handles. Durable cast iron plates covered with black paint finish preventing rust and corrosion for lifetime use
- 14-INCH DIAMOND KNURLED CHROME HANDLE: Constructed of high-quality, textured chrome handle for secure, firm, and non-slip grip
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH LOOSE-RESISTANT RUBBER TRIMS AND SCREWS: Threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate changes.
- EASY USE & STORAGE: Take seconds to assemble and take out. Compact, convenient, and easy to use and store. All-for-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your workout space. Suitable for performing basic toning body workouts, core fitness, strength exercises and heavy leg lifts
These adjustable dumbbells are available in a variety of weights. The handles of the Yes4All dumbbells are chrome finished with an ergonomic grip.
The weight plates are cast iron and have a clean and smooth finish that protects them from rust and wear. The 52.5-pound dumbbell set comes with two 1.25-pound plates, two 2.5-pound plates, and eight 5-pound plates.
This product has received mostly positive reviews from buyers with one saying they are super durable and easy to use.
Pros and cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Yes4All adjustable dumbbells.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Weight range of 5-50 lbs per hand; Increments: 2.5 (adder weight), 5, 7.5, 10,15, 17.5, 20, 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 37.5, 40, 45, 47.5, 50 lbs per hand; Change weights quickly and easily with the secure magnetic polypropylene pin, rated for 500lbs. max load
- Expandable to 70 or 90 pounds per hand with the Elite 50 Stage 2 and Stage 3 Expansion Kits
- Replaces 16 pairs of dumbbells / 825lbs of weights
- Dimensions: 12″L x 6″ W x 6″ H
These adjustable dumbbells have a square ergonomic design. The Power Block Elite Dumbbells allow you to go from 5 pounds to 50 pounds in each hand.
And they allow you to expand them to 70 pounds. In addition, you can adjust the weight in 2.5 increments. The Power Block Elite Dumbbells are an ideal solution for you if you have limited space in your house.
The dumbbells are coated with rubber, and the handles are convenient to use and hold. What’s more, the Power Block Elite Dumbbells are available in many weight sizes.
One reviewer said that the product is well worth the price. Other buyers said that this dumbbell set is effortless to adjust and is perfect for strength training.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the PowerBlock Elite dumbbells.
- What’s included 40 pound set includes 2 handles, 4 2.5 pound plates, 4 5 pound plates, 4 collars, and a plastic storage/carrying case
- Construction durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish offers a rust and maintenance free product; Dumbbell handles are made from solid steel
- Features: Set deatures ergonomic grips, comfortable handles, and rubber trimmed collars; Collars are threaded for a secure fit to handles
- Versatile: Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or get a full body workout
- Functional: Perfect for isolations, full body, Functional, and HIIT workouts
This adjustable dumbbell set includes four 2.5-pound plates, spin on collars, chrome-plated dumbbell handles, and 5-pound plates. Interestingly, the CAP Barbell Adjustable Dumbbells come in a sturdy carrying case.
They are suitable for functional, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and full body workouts. These adjustable dumbbells feature rubber trimmed collars and comfortable handles.
What's more, they are versatile, offering you the ability to get a complete body workout or target specific muscle groups.
It has received mixed reviews from the buyers with some complaining that the set, advertised as 40 pounds, is actually only 37.5 pounds.
Others overlooked this and were happy with the quality and compactness of the dumbbells.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the CAP Barbell adjustable dumbbell set.
- Each dumbbell adjust from 11 lbs to 71.5 lbs in 5.5 lb increments.
- With the unique dial system, you can rapidly switch from one exercise to the next.
- Combines 12 sets of weights into one offering versatile workout for your whole body.
- With one Adjustable Dial Dumbbell, there is no need for buying other dumbbells, which can save a lot of space for your home gym.
- Worldwide Two Year Warranty. Shipped in multiple packages, may arrive at different time. Merax dumbbell is measured by kg.
The Merax Deluxe dumbbell adjusts from 11 pounds to 71.5 pounds in 5.5 pounds increments. Its unique dialing system allows you to move from one exercise to another quickly.
What’s more, the dumbbell set combines 12 sets of weight into a single piece of equipment. Plus, it carries a two-year warranty.
The Merax dumbbell is perfect for your upper body workouts, which help strengthen, tone, and sculpt your back, shoulders, and arms.
Reviewers said that this product works great and looks great too.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the Merax Deluxe Adjustable Dumbbell.
- ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT - Quick change weight adjustments from 5.5lbs to 27.5 lbs with push-pull design
- EASY USE & STORAGE - One dumbbell equal to 4 different weights dumbbells, compact design save your space at home
- WIDELY APPLICATION - Multiple weight range suitable for performing basic body workouts, core fitness, strength exercises and heavy leg lifts
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Contoured, textured and soft grip handle design provides comfortable and secure grip control
- SWEET GIFT - A great gift for your family or friends who is fitness enthusiasts
This dumbbell adjusts from 5.5 pounds to 27.5 pounds. The ATIVAFIT Adjustable Dumbbell is equal to four different dumbbells. What's more, it has a compact design that saves your space at home.
This adjustable dumbbell is suitable for performing strength exercises, basic body fitness, and core fitness. The handles of the dumbbell provide a secure and comfortable grip.
Buyers were pleased with this equipment, saying that this weight works great, is easy to use, and has a great price. They highly recommended this product.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the ATIVAFIT Adjustable Dumbbell.
No products found.
The Happybuy adjustable dumbbell adjusts from 10 pounds to 90 pounds in 5-pound increments. It combines 15 sets of weight into one because of its unique dial system.
The adjustable dumbbell allows you to shift from one workout to another one. You can assemble the equipment in a matter of seconds.
Plus, it is easy to store and use. The Happybuy adjustable dumbbell offers a broad range of weights to work with. You can do light exercises such as raises and curls and heavy exercises such as lunges and shrugs.
One customer said that this dumbbell has a sturdy construction and is great for any workout.
Another customer said that this product is an excellent choice for the whole family.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the Happybuy Adjustable Dumbbell.
- Two 25 lb. adjustable dumbbells with storage trays
- Heavy-duty chrome plated steel construction
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells
- Compact and easy to use design saves space and time
XMark Adjustable Dumbbells are sold as a single or pair. They are built from heavy-duty chrome plated steel. In addition, these dumbbells can go from 10 pounds to 50 pounds with a simple adjustment.
They provide durability and versatility at a reasonable price. The design saves you time and space when it comes to exercise. XMark Adjustable Dumbbells are great for exercising several parts of your body. Additionally, the slide system is easy to use and unique.
One reviewer said that the grips are comfortable and don’t slip when they use them. They further noted that the dumbbell is a great space saver too.
Pros and cons
Here are the pros and cons of the XMark Adjustable Dumbbell.
Get Fit with the Best Adjustable Dumbbells
You can get the best out of your strength training with any of these best adjustable dumbbells. They all provide you with features that make them unique from other dumbbells.
These adjustable dumbbells can pave the way to your health and fitness goals. What’s more, with these best adjustable dumbbells, there is really no excuse to stop exercising.
Above all, this exercise equipment saves you space, money, and time in your house.
So, have you figured out which adjustable dumbbell set is right for you? Let us know in the comment section. And happy weight training!
Last update on 2021-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API